Textured foreheads! LOL Yes, my skin is a little weird


Growing up, I had fairly smooth and unbothered skin. That is up until I hit around my early to mid-twenties. I always had a shiny T-zone (forehead and nose area). But it seems over the years my skin has gotten extremely oily. As a result, a standard daily face wash doesn’t do the job. I get what looks like these tiny bumps across my forehead and I HATE IT! I decided to do some research into what impacts your skin texture.

Most people's skin fits into one of four categories: oily, normal, dry, or combination. As their names suggest, oily skin often has a slick or sticky texture, while dry skin can be flaky and rough. People with combination skin usually have oily skin on their forehead, nose, and chin (aka the T-zone) and dry or normal skin on their cheeks. In all skin types, dead cells can build up on the skin's outer layer, called the epidermis, leading to a rough texture and a dull appearance. Exfoliation, either with gritty scrubs or chemicals like salicylic acid, will remove the old cells and reveal the softer, brighter skin underneath. My bumpy forehead is very likely fungal acne (which isn't even really "acne"). Taming this issue is a full blown job.

I have found that using a brush (I use the Clarisonic Mia facial brush) to wash my face daily helps tremendously. This provides the daily exfoliation that I need. I also use an activated charcoal mask about twice a week for a deep cleansing. I have been working on facial scrub to add into the mix as well.

As you get older, it seems like your body changes from head to toe (at least for many of us). My skin has changed quite a bit. Share your experiences with changes in your skin over the years below!




References:
https://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/beauty/what-affects-skin-texture.htm
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/features/skin-nutrition
Tortora, Gerald J. and Sandra Reynolds Grabowsi. "Principles of Anatomy and Physiology." Ninth edition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. New York. 2000.

Comments

Popular Posts