How to keep your skin looking great between facials...


Maintaining great skin can be difficult if you don’t have naturally flawless skin. And professional facials every other day aren’t in everyone’s budget. There are a few products you can use in the meantime to maintain that flawless glow between facial visits. These are all things I use so I can definitely vouch for their effectiveness. 

Here are a list of products I use to take care of my skin and have that fresh facial feel:

  • Olive oil Olive oil is great for moisturizing and is full of vitamins and antioxidants. I have oily skin so I don’t use much at all and I mostly use olive oil in the winter. But with olive oil in general, a little goes a long way. After you cleanse and apply toner, take a small bit of olive oil and massage it into your skin.
  • Green tea leaves Green tea leaves are great for reducing puffiness, clearing clogged pores, and fighting skin aging. I take my used tea bags, cut them open, and apply the leaves on my work induced under eye bags. 
  • Sugar Granulated sugar (regular white or brown sugar) is a great skin exfoliate. I love love love using sugar to exfoliate my skin. Exfoliation is a big part of my skin routine. I have an oily T-zone, so clogged pores can be an issue for me. Without a good daily exfoliation, my forehead a bit rough and bumpy. 
  • Apple cider vinegar Apple cider vinegar is great for those you have mild acne. I use it particularly in the summer when I am doing a bunch of sweating between the heat and working out. 
  • Lemon Lemons are great for lighten dark spots. They also have antibacterial properties which help to reduce acne. I mix lemon juice into my sugar to create a scrub. 
  • Tea tree oil I think we have all heard praise of tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is great for acne treatment. I mix a little tea tree oil with my witch hazel to use as an astringent after cleansing. Tea tree oil can dry out the skin so be sure to follow up with a little olive oil.

Many of the creams and tools needed to have healthy looking skin are easy to access and don’t break the bank. You don’t have to order that $100 skin care system off of QVC. Note that if you have severely troubled skin, please please please see a dermatologist before buying some highly medicated product you saw on a commercial. I would even suggest you consult with a dermatologist before using anything that is not natural and/or edible. Of course there are some exceptions like tea tree oil or essential oils, but my motto is “if you can’t consume it, you probably shouldn’t put it on your skin”.

Comments

Popular Posts