Benefits of in-house plants!

Lately, I have really been getting into bringing nature into my home. Not the animals, but the plants, bright natural light, and airy colors. I’ve been exploring the best plants for indoors. And for newbies. At first, I spent some time researching on the internet and I came across a lot of useful information, but I decided to take a trip to a local gardening shop for some expert advice. To my surprise, there are tons of mental and physical benefits to houseplants. 

The most obvious benefit of houseplants is the beauty they add. But beneath their beauty you will find a number of subtle ways that houseplants are good for you. Studies show that plants help to reduce stress and positively impact your well-being. Research also supports that plants help improve air quality by reducing carbon dioxide and pollutant levels, increasing humidity, and reducing airborne dust levels. 

So, I’ve narrowed down my favorites and first buys:
  • Anthurium - reduces stress
  • Peace Lily - removes mold from the air
  • Snake Plant - purifies air and tolerates low and long stints without water making it easy to maintain
(Click the links to purchase on Amazon)

 

I have always had flowers in vases around the house, but having these green leafy plants just contributes an amazing energy to my home. House plants are definitely added to my list of little everyday things you can do to feel good. If you all have any advice for me, please share below. I would love to develop a green thumb!



References:
https://www.ambius.com/learn/benefits-of-our-services/
https://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/flowers-and-plants/houseplants/health-benefits-of-houseplants-pictures

Comments

Popular Posts