September Online Store Update!


I am 10 months out from the launch of my online store and the experience has been amazing so far. As intimidated as I was in the beginning, things are much clearer now and the resources I have found along the way have proven invaluable. I’ve learned so much. And not just about business, but about myself and what I wanted in life. I’ve completed quite a few of the steps on my list to open the online store.

So far, I’ve gotten my business license, filed for articles of organization, and gotten my EIN. I also set up a business account and purchased sample wear from a vendor I am interested in. I looked into purchasing a logo through a great site (Fiverr) I learned about on YouTube, but actually ended up designing one myself. And I purchased business cards and set up a business email.

Although that list may all sound fairly simple and easy to accomplish, the legal aspect was a little confusing at first. I am sure that the steps to become a LLC and obtain a business license are different depending on the state. I’ve read in some areas all that is necessary is a seller’s permit. I knew that I needed to file an article of organization, but whether or not I needed a business license was the confusing part. Honestly, I just submitted all the necessary information for both still not knowing if I needed a business license.

I am really enjoying this process. I enjoy having a place to share it with people even more!

Comments

Popular Posts