How to keep your feet soft...

Image result for soft feet
I am a big advocate of learning ways to take care of your skin in between scheduled grooming. Plus, everyone isn’t able to get routine manis and pedis. In between your nail shop visits is just as, if not more, important than the visits.

Your skin is exposed to harsh elements on a daily basis, anything from the sun and wind to drying soaps can negatively impact the way your skin feels. Hands and feet are especially susceptible to suffering from dryness and cracking, especially during the winter months’ dry, cold air. You should develop a weekly routine to smooth and soften your skin.

I have a routine I use to keep my feet soft. At least once a week I perform this routine and I can absolutely tell the difference when I am not doing it. 

Step 1. Before a warm shower, I use a sugar scrub on my feet, legs, bikini-line, and underarms ( I get the latter three waxed and a weekly scrub is essential to avoiding ingrown hairs, but we will talk about that later LOL) 
Step 2. After my shower, I dry off then use of mixture of lotion and vaseline to moisturize my feet
Step 3. I put on a pair of fuzzy house socks that I walk around the house in. This lets the mixture sit optimizing its moisture. If you don't have a pair of fuzzy house socks, you could use a pair of thick comfortable regular socks. You definitely don't want to walk around barefoot after using the lotion and vaseline mixture because everything will stick to your feet.

After a few minutes or so you're free to take the socks off. Be sure to do this at least once weekly!




References:
https://www.livestrong.com/article/165165-how-to-get-smooth-soft-hands-feet/

Comments

Popular Posts